Covid-19 Health and Safety Updates
We Are Open and Ready to Care For You Safely
As your healthcare provider team, it has always been our top priority to provide you with timely and thorough medical care. During this time, we would like to assure you that we are prepared to do so as safely as possible. Please review our comprehensive plan that has been designed with your health and safety in mind — while ensuring the same exceptional healthcare that you have come to expect of Lexington Medical Associates.
How Do I Connect with a Lex Med Provider ?
You can access care with us via:
- Telemedicine Services
We can address many of your concerns via telemedicine, but if you need or would like to be seen in person, please call and make an appointment.
- Office Visits
If Telemedicine does not apply to your health issue, we can accommodate same-day, in-office visits by appointment.
What Social Distancing Measures are in Place?
- Our goal is to direct you to your exam room as soon as possible to minimize interaction in any common areas.
- Every effort will be made to expedite your check-in and check-out process.
- Please update your insurance profile before your appointment, by emailing us a copy of your insurance card ahead of time.
- We ask that you arrive on time, so that you may be directed to your exam room in a timely manner.
- Please note that, at check-in, your temperature will be taken.
What Cleaning Measures are You Taking?
Lexington Medical Associates already maintains a sanitary environment that is expected of a medical facility. These protocols include but are not limited to:
- Complete exam room turnover in-between patients, including changing sheets, disinfecting instruments, and thoroughly wiping down surfaces.
- A deep cleaning of our office nightly after hours.
In addition to our standard measures, all common areas will be disinfected with medical-grade cleaning supplies hourly, such as door handles, elevator buttons, computers, and bathrooms.
What is Your Policy About Masks?
All team members will be vigilant about personal protective equipment.
We ask that you wear a mask in any common area, as well as in the exam room, wherever possible.
What Other Health Measures are You Taking?
Additional protocols designed to keep everyone safe include:
- Making hand sanitizer available in common areas and exam rooms. We encourage you to use it freely, particularly on arrival.
- Requiring team members to regularly wash their hands, as always.
- Encouraging proper social distancing, so that team members and patients can remain six feet apart or more, wherever possible.
- Utilizing a commercial deodorizer/sterilizer with UV blue light to assist in air purification.
What if I am Sick?
- If you notice you are unwell before you arrive, please inform us so that we may handle your care appropriately.
What if a Team Member is Under the Weather?
All staff members will be screened for symptoms and will undergo a temperature check at the beginning of each shift. A temperature of 99.5 or above will require them to return home.
- We require symptomatic staff to stay home. While this is standard practice at our practice, it bears repeating at present.
- Staff must be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to work.
Please call us to make an appointment. We also encourage you to reach out to us with any questions. It’s our belief that connecting with one another is the best way to address any concerns or challenges that may arise. To summarize: we are here for you!
As the “new normal” continues to evolve in New York City, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the medical guidance and treatment necessary to navigate these challenging times.